They do say that 3rd time’s the charm, right? As y’aLL know, it takes more than a résumé to catch our eye. Yes, we love peopLe who have kitchen experience, but we are aLso looking for peopLe with the hunger, loyaLty, drive and personaLity to back one of our trucks.
Here’s a rundown of the managers we’ve got on our team to give you an idea of what we’re looking for:
- YoungHo/Steve: resident ladies’ man and manager of the AzuL night run. Smooth taLker, great with handLing money, exceLLent at running a weLL-oiLed machine. Proactive thinker, protective of his staff, super good at communication, and aLways on top of his game.
- Jae: Night runs are his game and Verde is his truck name. (ApoLogies for the awkward rhyme.) Soft-spoken, uber-sweet, infiniteLy hardworking and ring leader of everybody’s fLavorite KoGi goons and buffoons. He aLso mans the quickest-working crew KoGi’s seen since… EVER — which makes the fact that he leads a life of fLat tires and tow trucks aLL the more forgiveabLe.
- Luis – aka Super Gerente. He’s aLso known as our newest and fastest rising star for the Roja night runs. Give him superbLy “vintage” truck, a green crew and the driver’s seat and he wiLL give you a run for your money. Smart, personabLe and aLways and forever fLexibLe. Super strengths: he’s aLways proactive — if there’s a probLem, he figures out how to fix it.
- Big Mike: cooL, meLLow, hardworking and an infinite source of motherLy love on the Roja lunch runs. He’s a fun, patient, vibrantLy vivacious guy who expects just as much from his crew as he does from himseLf. ALso, very good at reaching for stuff.
- Mike Semaza: aka Baby Boom Boom RazzLe DazzLe Semaza. For our Verde day runs, we’ve got both security and management in one beautifuL package of sunshine. The key thing that stands out in my mind is HEART — cuz he’s got a lot of it.
- Eric: Everyone’s overLy-cautious, camera-wieLding littLe brother that everyone wants to protect. GenuineLy passionate, opinionated and naiveLy innocent funny medium-sized dude, everyday is a new adventure, every morning is like his first day of schooL.
Think you’d make a good fit to our fam? Let us know!
Some caveats: physicaL labor is an important part of the job, as are long hours and very uncompetitive pay. (We’re stiLL a smaLL company! And new!) But we can promise you are reaLLy cooL work environment, great peopLe and, if you show us that you can puLL more than your own weight, an opportunity to grow aLong w/ the company. We’re stiLL a super new business, so though we can’t promise you a lot immediateLy in terms of a huge cash fLow, we can promise you a dynamic experience, life skiLLs, lessons in common sense and so much more to come.
YES, you wiLL be hands-on when it comes to driving the truck, taking the orders and griLLing th food. So NO, it isn’t super posh or gLamorous, for your life shaLL be tied to the weLLbeing of a spunky fresh taco truck. No secretaries to take your caLLs or interns to massage the meats w/ marinade for you. StiLL, it’s an honest day’s work, a huge learning experience and chance to become a part of the KoGi fam.
So are you KoGi materiaL? Take a look at the criteria we shaLL be wanting for you to fuLfiLL.
-have excellent communication and customer service skills
-have driver’s license and impeccable driving record
-have flexible schedule
-have food and beverage experience (FOH or BOH)
-understand basic sanitation laws
-BE VERY GOOD WITH GEOGRAPHY. Having a Thomas Guide programmed into your brain matter wouLd be so very heLpfuL.
Career Changers welcome
All Interviews September 7-11
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Love, luck and tacos,
P.S. See you on the lot???