Tacos

All of our tacos are topped with:

• sesame-chili salsa roja
  • julienne romaine lettuce and cabbage tossed in Korean chili-soy vinaigrette
  • cilantro-green onion-lime relish
  • crushed sesame seeds
  • sea salt

$2 – Short-rib – This is our signature taco. We get the best trimmings of short ribs we can find, let it swim in our own special marinade and chop it nice and small so the flavors immediately get down with your taste buds. Once on the grill, the fat melts away to create that juicy char and tender texture that everyone loves, and the sugars just caramelize to give the meat that deep and savory flavor. This is the Kogi crowd favorite.

$2 – Spicy Pork – Spicy and sweet, but all attitude.  Our pork first is chopped and is marinated with sweet and spicy flavors. Utilizing a blend of pork belly and shoulder that’s been massaged with our sweet and spicy gochujang marinade, these semi-spicy suckers are dialed back with a lusciously subtle heat.

$2 – Chicken – Our chicken is a bit lighter than our short rib and pork tacos for those of you who just want the Korean BBQ flavor with a little less attitude.  We take the juiciest parts of the chicken and marinate them a light ginger-soy marinade before they hit the grill twice to caramelize the way good chicken should.

$2 – Tofu – We give our organic tofu an extra long soak in some chillies, garlic and citrus before having it char just a while longer on the grill and then – SURPRISE! – we top that with our salsa verde.  It’s like organic mapo tofu INSIDE a taco.  Only better.  It’s the kind of vegetarian taco that even carnivores would drool over.  BTW — in case you want to know where we get our organic tofu from, it’s Pulmone Wildwood.

$3 – Calamari – The newest member of our family. Our calamari swims in a wonderful citrus, soy, and ginger marinade before it dies a quick and glorious death upon our hot planchas.   Its lightly charred and tender bits are topped with our sweet sticky-icky Salsa Naranja and good helping of onions and lime.

You can always order these tacos as you like ‘em — whether you want to skip the onions, salad, switch out our salsa for any of our other salsas.  Roja, Verde, Naranja and Azul are all waiting for you behind deck.  Feel free to go crazy and get half short-rib and half pork.  My favorite quesadilla?  The Animal Farm: all three meats with a helping of salsa verde and grilled onions.  It’s like a George Orwell novel trapped inside an oppressive ooze of melting cheese, made finger-friendly with our crispy, chewy flour tortillas.

0 Responses to Tacos

1. Janet Benoit says:

I would love to sample your tacos but I live in south Louisiana. Would it be possible to have your recipe for short rib taco? A great big please and a thank you even if you can’t share the recipe. Best of luck to you , althought it seems ya’ll already have it.

2. Franny says:

How about sharing your rib taco recipee I would love to make it for my family

3. Imran says:

Just had tried Kogi Tacos for the first time today and I have to say it was AMAZING.

4. IHL says:

As a native Korean, we don’t have things like that in here. DAMN I WANT TO TRY THOSE! :(

5. Alex says:

LOL @ the stupid ass people asking for the recipe. Why don’t you also ask them to borrow some money so you can start a korean taco truck business?

6. glenn says:

can I borrow some money to start a bbq truck too

7. sarah says:

I’m glad that you are coming to my school, but you people are gay!:)

8. sarah says:

I’m glad that you are coming to my house, but you people are gay!:)

9. jane says:

can i borrow some money from you guys to start my own truck. That would be really fun and cool to like hang out with you guys. If you guys want to see me just do to facebook because i’m there hotties!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Cherry says:

Oi, I just turned on the t.v at 1am (to feed the insomniac’s soul) and saw something about your short rib tacos on “The Best Thing I Ever Ate”.

I’ve seriously never seen anything like a Korean (or any type of Asian) taco! Sadly, I live in Florida, so I hope to go to LA in the future to try that taco….and reading this, I wanna try the tofu one too >D

Just……make sure you guys never go away… ;~;

11. Cheryl says:

I would love to try your short rib tacos but will probably never get the chance. Do you share your recipes? I live way across the country. They look so yummy.

12. Panca Lee says:

I saw you guys on NHK World…
    it’s looked tasty, …

13. Martini in DB, CA says:

Just had it for the first time and it was great! I love both Korean and Mexican food. Can’t wait for next time. Gonna try the calamari tacos next and maybe the fruit salad.

14. George Dahlstrom says:

Saw a story on NBC about you. Your food looks awsome! I live in the Cayman Islands so I won’t be able to sample it. If you could share the recipe for your Short Rib Taco’s would love to try making them. If not I understand. All the best

15. Eric Shin says:

@George We sell our marinades, salsa’s, and vinaigrette at our sister restaurant, Chego – 3300 Overland Blvd, Culver City, CA. All you need to grab is Shortrib marinade, Salsa Roja, and vinaigrette. Then go buy some meat, veggies, and tortillas and bam! You’ve got Kogi at home. Oh, and when you’re at Chego, don’t forget to try the Cubby Pork Bowl, that is my answer to world peace my friend :)

16. Pingback: Kal•bi•Q Review | Malcolm Poindexter

17. We did the same aswell, buying meat whole from the local farm. I like to support them, even if it is a more expesnive than the supermarket, because I know exactly how and where it is made, I know I’m not contributing to global warming or something. These meat recipes are great, I found.

18. Darla says:

Seen you on Best thing I ever ate, are you sharing recipe? I live in British Columbia, Canada….do you have a franchise? Tacos look awsome!

19. Pingback: Kafka, College and Hip Hop: Catching up with K. Flay | treeswingers

20. koreakee says:

my mother is korean and we lived in korea from when i was 1 until i was 9.my wife told me about the bul go gi tacos so i made a homemade version last night and had to jump out of the way when the stampede started.daeji bul go gi will be next and then going to try ojinguh bokkeum.thanks for the idea we have been trying lots of fusion foods lately and i am actually disappointed that i didn’t think of this before.hope that i get out there to try yours or you expand to include tennessee sometime in the near future.best of luck.

21. sunday morning and looking at your menu pics, making me seriously hungry. nice work. love to get some now!
    sm

22. Bri says:

I’m torturing myself by looking at all your items, deciding what I’ll be getting tomorrow when you’re near me. I was sold when I read about the Animal Farm quesadilla. By referencing George Orwell, you made me fall in love with you guys all over again.

23. Bri says:

Also, bravo on the calamari taco. It quickly became my new favorite item. So delicious!

24. SarahC says:

Just had the short rib taco for the first time today, it was truly delicious. Kogi truck deserves all the hype they get. Keep coming to Irvine please!

25. Excellent post. I used to be checking constantly this blog and I’m inspired! Very helpful info particularly the closing section :) I maintain such information a lot. I was looking for this certain info for a very lengthy time. Thanks and good luck.

26. Its such as you learn my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, like you wrote the guide in it or something. I believe that you just can do with some percent to drive the message house a little bit, however other than that, this is great blog. An excellent read. I will certainly be back.

27. Samual says:

It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.

28. massage says:

Thanks for any other great post. Where else may just anyone get that kind of info in such a perfect means of writing? I’ve a presentation next week, and I am at the look for such info.

29. JJ says:

Your coming to LA County DPSS tomorrow. Seeing the pictures and reading the reviews makes me to try it. ;)