Burnt Rice Porridge with Kimchi

Roy has brought back this old favorite for you Silverlakers out there who came to see us in Downtown LA. It’s savory, warm, and oh, so yummy. So kids, if you ever burn rice at the bottom of your pot or cooker, don’t sweat it. Just make it into a snack!

8 Responses to Burnt Rice Porridge with Kimchi

1. Sleepyhead says:

I remember when my friends mother made a nice home-style version of this late one night and it lingers with me still. oh did i fall for this big time – not my friends mother though she’s something else – just INgrained, burntIN food memory I guess.
    this is the ultimate hangover, savory goodness.

2. peppermonkey says:

Last night this may have been my favorite dish. Just because it was the most “korean” dish and gave me such a warm, comforting, and almost soothing feeling that brought back memories of my mom adding water to the just-used rice pot and scraping off bits of noorong ji from the bottom of the pan

3. Aliiiiiiiiiiiiice says:

you two make me feeL aLL warm and fuzzies inside. joooook. joooooook~!

4. Mac says:

I tried this when you guys were at Golden Gopher. So yea… it pretty much rocked and stuff. I would totally get this every time you make it. We bring our 5 month old english bulldog every time you guys make it downtown. He agrees that porridge makes mouth happy!

5. peter says:

you guys MUST have the burnt porridge w/ kimchi on the regular menu! please! went to the sat (1/31) spot at the brig and was told that it’s not on the regular menu?! 🙁 i guarantee at least 4 sales of this from me alone – please put it on the regular menu! 🙂

6. Aliiiiiiiiiiiiice says:

wiLL pass it onto zey chef!

7. Mac says:

We will come again on Wednesday but this time we’ll leave our dog at home so we can have a few drinks at the GG after eating ;). Mutual enjoyment!

8. ChinoTrojan says:

Fellow Angelenos,

LA is being taken hostage by a taco truck…KOGI BBQ

KOGI dishes out arresting Korean BBQ fusion but extracts the rude servers and clothes wreaking of grilled meat.

“Huh?!” Don’t be. Just have KOGI and be blessed. Please use a napkin when you’re done.