3 New Specials Tonight

Tonight, feeling very creative and generous, Chef Roy has come up with 3 new specials for tonight. First up, we have a Vegan Taco w/ Acorn Jelly. This is a slight variation of the last Pomegranate and Asian Pear Vegan Taco that was such a hit last time. Next, by popular demand, we will be offering a Double Cooked Chap-Chae with Veggies, Mushrooms, and Peppers. Chap-chae, for those of you who are unfamiliar with it, is a Korean noodle dish made with clear vermicelli noodles. Finally, we will be offering a desert item which is Satsuma Mandarins w/ an Organic Yogurt Vinaigrette.

And for those of you who have been asking about it, we are now going to be serving Shik-ke, a sweet rice Korean desert beverage. We are offering Shik-ke either canned or home made upon request.

10 Responses to 3 New Specials Tonight

1. alaskadog says:

I can’t wait till you guys are in my hood on Thurs! Thanks for giving props in Silver Lake! We love you over here 🙂

2. zina says:

Hi there,
    Have you ever considered introducing your fancy truck to downtown nightlife?
    Specifically Dec 30, 2008!!

Thanks,
    Zina

3. kristian says:

Kogi at the Brig on AK? I didn’t know you were coming, but I’ve been reading about your truck of culinary wonders for weeks… and then last night I stumbled out of the Brig around 12:33 and it was as if God himself had dropped a silver Taco-Truck-shaped angel into our midst…

I kept it simple, I wanted to approach the complexities of your flavors through a well marked door, so I ordered one Korean short ribs taco, paid $2 USD for the privilege (you could easily charge $3) and then I tasted nirvana.

Have I ever described a taco as being sublime in my entire life before last night? No, I never… but that’s the only word that captures the gorgeous complexity of those flavors couched on that tiny cardboard takeout tray that you delivered last night. Sublime. See you Friday!

4. Aliiiiiiiiiiiiice says:

gracias for the taco luv! we luv you touse, siLverLake!

also – brief announcement: the team came together to discuss the issue of hot food and long lines and have thusly implemented a new system that will make sure that the food is piping hot by the time you get it. The lines may have to wait an extra 2-3 minutes, but if it can ensure that the quality of food will be better, it was decided it would be well worth it.

5. Mark says:

Zina – Help find us a place to park Kogi..and call it a deal!!!

Mark

6. chef roy says:

some have been asking where we are tonight, thursday….
    it is cloverfield and wilshire, 2 blocks west of la brea in the miracle mile district.

chef roy

7. haven says:

so you mean cloverdale, not cloverfield?

8. oldfriendoftheshins says:

so if there is a familiar face in the crowd can he jump to the front?

j/k..im gonna try and make it out tonight it has been wayyyy to long.

9. Mark says: